Some of Irvington’s finest athletes are set to take their talents to the next level after announcing their intentions to play ball in college next fall.
Flanked by friends, family members, teammates and coaches during a ceremony this week, nine Irvington High School seniors announced their commitments to play sports at colleges across the country
The nine athletes join fellow seniors Jena Bishop, who have already committed to playing lacrosse at Guilford College, as well as Zoe Maxwell, who will play soccer at Brown University,
and Olivia Valdes, who will play lacrosse at Merrimack College.
Among the seniors who committed this week are:
- Joel Andrade has committed to wrestling at the University of Chicago;
- Chris Brandt has committed to cross-country at Swarthmore College;
- Kelly Degnan has committed to basketball at SUNY Plattsburgh;
- Chris Friedlander has committed to soccer at Seton Hall University;
- Cristian Ishoo has committed to soccer and lacrosse at SUNY Purchase;
- Nick Lambiase has committed to lacrosse at Albright College;
- John Martin has committed to football at Franklin Pierce University;
- Brianna Pierre has committed to track and field at Rochester Institute of Technology;
- Jake Weintraub has committed to baseball at George Washington University.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.