WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Mariano Rivera could be pitching once again for the Yankees.
Not the recently retired legendary reliever and Purchase resident, but his son.
The Yankees drafted Mariano Rivera Jr., a right-handed pitcher for Iona College, in the 29th round (872nd pick) of the 2014 draft Saturday.
The 5-foot-11, 155-pound Rivera was 2-6 with a 5.40 ERA for the Gaels this spring, his sophomore season.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 New Rochelle Lights Up The Skies With 'Spark the Sound' Fireworks
- 3 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash
- 4 Man Found Naked Arraigned On Murder Charge, Says Westchester DA
- 5 George Pataki, Donald Trump Exchange Barbs Over Controversial Comments