NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Kids ages 10 and under can give ice hockey a try for free as New Rochelle Lightning Youth Hockey hosts the New York Rangers Assist on Wednesday at Hommocks Park Ice Rink in Larchmont starting at 5 p.m.
Kids will have the opportunity to access free rental skates, loaner equipment and an introduction to hockey lesson with the Rangers Hockey Development Team.
Sessions will be held at 5 and 6 p.m. The clinic is free, but registration is required and is limited to 80 children.
An exhibition game will be held at 7:30 p.m. featuring Rangers alumni Ron Duguay, Stephane Matteau, Brian Mullen, Ron Greschner and Nick Fotiu skating alongside coaches and volunteers from the New Rochelle Lightning.
Tickets for the exhibition are $15 each with 100-percent of the proceeds going to New Rochelle Lightning Youth Hockey.
Through Rangers Assist, supported by Chase Bank, the New Rochelle Lightning received $25,000 in funding that will provide the organization with starter sets of equipment, coaching education, off-ice training aids and a mobile trailer that will provide teams the ability to host off-ice practices.
Hommocks Park Ice Rink is at Boston Post Road and Weaver Street in Larchmont,
- 1 State Police Warn New Rochelle Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 3 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 4 New Rochelle City Council Approves Parks Overhaul
- 5 Former NBA All-Star Anthony Mason Of New Rochelle Dies At 48