NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – When it comes to White Plains, New Rochelle High School's Joe Clarke knows it is going to be a difficult game regardless of the teams’ records.
“I don’t think they have a win in conference but they will play hard,” said the senior forward.
New Rochelle will host White Plains High School in their annual boys basketball rivalry at 4:15 p.m. Thursday. New Rochelle defeated White Plains in their first meeting of the season.
Next to Mount Vernon, Clarke said the Huguenots are always psyched to play White Plains.
“White Plains is a rivalry game,” Clarke said. “We know their players very well and they know us. We have to go out, play hard and match their intensity to get a win.”
New Rochelle was on a two-game skid, losing to Scarsdale and Mount Vernon high schools, before rebounding with a 17-point win over Shenendehowa High School on Sunday.
“We didn’t play well against Mount Vernon,” Clarke said. “We had to move forward, regain our focus and play hard, which we didn’t do against Mount Vernon.
“Our defensive effort against Shenendehowa was very good and we converted on offense, which is something we didn’t do against Mount Vernon.”
- 1 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 New Rochelle Lights Up The Skies With 'Spark the Sound' Fireworks
- 4 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed
- 5 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash