NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Amirror Dixon, a senior point guard for the varsity girls basketball team at New Rochelle High School, recently signed a National Letter of Intent to play in college at LIU-Post.
She will play for coach Deirdre Moore for the 2014-15 season.
Dixon's basketball career began when she played for the Mascaro Magic at the Boys & Girls Club in New Rochelle. She was coached by Bryan Williams and won numerous Tri-County Championships.
"Amirror is a smooth player; she can shoot, handle the basketball well, pass and just is a natural on the court," said Williams.
"I always knew that Amirror had the ability, determination, on and off the court. Her biggest attribute is that she is a very smart and humble person; the Hoopers organization wishes her the very best for her bright future.
Dixon is one of the top guards in the metropolitan tristate area. She has been featured on MSG Varsity and led her high school team in scoring with more than 1,000 points, 500 assists and 300 steals in her four-year career as a starter. She has also traveled throughout other states playing on the National AAU travel basketball circuit.
- 1 Aunt's Daughter Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Missing Larchmont Woman, 72, Is Found Safe In Manhattan
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Rochelle
- 4 New Rochelle Native Brings '80s Pop Band To The Capitol
- 5 Sony Pulls Movie; New Rochelle Will Have To Wait On 'Interview'