NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Girls on the New Rochelle High School track team ran off with victories and climbed among the national leaders Saturday, Jan. 25 at the New Balance Games at The Armory Track and Field Center.
Symone Darius won the 300 meters and the 4 x 200 team also won gold with Darius, Ashley Wiggins, Victoria Jones-Alleyne and Alicia Donaldson. Ashley Wiggins added a victory in the 50 meter hurdles as New Rochelle won the meet, which included 300 teams from the Mid-Atlanitc and New England Regions.
Darius’ time of 38.05 in the 300 is top time in the nation, according to the track website, MileSplit.com.
The 4 x 200 relay also posted the nation’s top time in 1:39.29. Wiggins opened with a blistering leadoff leg of 23.9, followed by Wiggins, Jones-Alleyne and Donaldson. Jones-Alleyne 25.4 split was a personal best for the sophomore.
Wiggins ran 8.03 in the hurdles, a personal best, and her time is the fourth-best in the country.
New Rochelle also had a solid performance in the weight events, led by Nijera Manuel, Monae Cooper, Jessica Jeffrey and Sochima Bishop.
New Rochelle will compete against Saturday in the Westchester County Championships at the Armory.
- 1 New Rochelle Lights Up The Skies With 'Spark the Sound' Fireworks
- 2 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Stepson Of Schools Superintendent
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In New Rochelle
- 5 Three Hospitalized After Serious I-87 Crash Involving Tractor-Trailer, Car