NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- The New Rochelle girls track squad used a banner day by sophomore Symone Darius, and Iona Prep's Nick Todaro won the hammer throw and discus to secure second consecutive Westchester County Championships for both squads on Saturday, May 18, according to LoHud.com.
Darius recorded personal-best times to win the 100-meter and 200-meter events. She was also the anchor leg of the Huguenots' winning 400-meter relay team, LoHud.com reported.
Todaro was able to win his two throwing events before leaving the event in an ambulance due to a knee injury. Ryan Herrera-Murphy also recorded the third-highest pole vault in county history when he cleared 15 feet, 6 inches, LoHud.com said.
- 1 New Rochelle Childhood School Put On Lockdown After Gun Threat
- 2 New Rochelle's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Mount Vernon Motorcyclist, 29, Killed In Taconic Parkway Crash Is ID'd
- 4 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 5 New Rochelle Schools Officials Discuss Ray Rice On NPR