NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Yonkers' Alyssa Pechin reached the 1,000 career point mark in a College of New Rochelle women's basketball game.
The historic night also marked the end of a 13-year drought against St. Joseph's College-Brooklyn. Junior Alyssa Pechin, of Yonkers, became the fourth Blue Angel to reach the 1,000 career point milestone as CNR posted a 55-52 win over the Lady Bears.
Pechin reached the career plateau with a three pointer with under 1:00 to play in the first half, adding a new name to the Blue Angels' 1,000 point club for the first time since 1986. She ended with 11 points for the game, raising her career total to 1,004. The win over the Lady Bears snapped a 16 win skein that dated back to Jan. 17, 2000, the last time CNR posted a win over their conference rival. The all-time series now stands at 17-6 in favor of the Lady Bears.
The win sets up a three-way tie between St. Joseph's, CNR, and Albany Pharmacy for second place in the HVIAC standings, and tie-breakers will decide seeding at the HVIAC Tournament Championship.
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 Snow Likely In New Rochelle On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 3 New Rochelle Thanksgiving Parade’s New Grand Marshal Tops News Last Week
- 4 New Rochelle Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 5 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In New Rochelle