NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Both the varsity and junior varsity cheerleading squads from New Rochelle High School won first place Sunday at the National Championships in Orlando, Fla.
The UCA National High School Cheerleading Championship is considered the most prestigious cheerleading championship in the country. It is televised nationally on ESPN and ESPN2 and held at Walt DisneyWorld each year.
The teams took the day off Monday to enjoy DisneyWorld and Universal Studios and will make their triumphant return to New Rochelle by bus around 7 p.m. Tuesday night at the high school, 265 Clove Road, New Rochelle. Travel to and from the competitions is supported in large part by the generosity of local businesses in New Rochelle and the surrounding area.
- 1 Sex Offenders Live Near New Rochelle Pre-K's, Report Says
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits New Rochelle
- 3 New Rochelle Man Faces Attempted Murder Charges
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In New Rochelle
- 5 Numerous Accidents Reported On Slippery Westchester Roadways