NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Monroe College volleyball player Tathianna Cordero became the first All-American in her sport in school history on Friday.
The National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) named the freshman an Honorable Mention All-American for the 2012 season.
"She deserves this award," said head coach Nepthali Delgado Reyes. "I'm very proud of her and how she developed and improved her already strong game throughout the season. She's only a freshman and we're thrilled to have her coming back to the Mustangs next year. We expect bigger and better things from her."
The 5-foot-11 Cordero helped lead Monroe to a 35-7 record and a berth in the NJCAA Division II Women’s National Volleyball Tournament.
From a report by Monroe College Athletics
- 1 Sex Offenders Live Near New Rochelle Pre-K's, Report Says
- 2 New Rochelle Man Faces Attempted Murder Charges
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits New Rochelle
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In New Rochelle
- 5 New Rochelle Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In Latest Storm