NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Monroe College volleyball player Tathianna Cordero became the first All-American in her sport in school history on Friday.
The National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) named the freshman an Honorable Mention All-American for the 2012 season.
"She deserves this award," said head coach Nepthali Delgado Reyes. "I'm very proud of her and how she developed and improved her already strong game throughout the season. She's only a freshman and we're thrilled to have her coming back to the Mustangs next year. We expect bigger and better things from her."
The 5-foot-11 Cordero helped lead Monroe to a 35-7 record and a berth in the NJCAA Division II Women’s National Volleyball Tournament.
From a report by Monroe College Athletics
- 1 New Rochelle's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures
- 3 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So New Rochelle Must Prepare
- 4 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire