NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Monroe College men’s basketball head coach Jeff Brustad earned his 300th career victory Thursday night in an 82-70 win against Harcum.
The Mustangs delighted the crowd at the Monroe Athletic Complex with a second-half comeback that lifted Monroe to victory and allowed the home fans to witness history.
"It was a night the kids came through, like they have through my whole career," Brustad said. "They executed what we have worked on and we got the W.”
Maurice Ndour and AJ West led the charge. The former finished with 25 points, 18 rebounds and four blocks, while the latter tallied 20 points, 19 rebounds and seven blocks. West leads the NJCAA in blocks this season.
Brustad has an .820 winning percentage in his 10 years at the helm at Monroe. He has led the Mustangs to eight region championships, five district championships and three straight national tournament appearances.
On Thursday, he added to that impressive resume with a milestone victory.
"It's an individual honor but the kind of thing you don't fully appreciate until your career is over,” Brustad said. “In some ways, it's just the culmination of a lot of hard work. From the day President Stephen Jerome offered me the job, there have been a lot of people, administrators and colleagues, who have had a hand in it."
- 1 New Rochelle Childhood School Put On Lockdown After Gun Threat
- 2 New Rochelle's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Mount Vernon Motorcyclist, 29, Killed In Taconic Parkway Crash Is ID'd
- 4 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 5 New Rochelle Schools Officials Discuss Ray Rice On NPR