NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Monroe College announced Monday that its football team became an official member of the NJCAA’s Northeast Football Conference.
The Mustangs played their first varsity season as provisional members of the conference but officially joined as the NEFC’s eighth member. The conference was founded in 1996.
"This is another good step forward for Monroe football," said Monroe’s Athletic Director Bert Shillingford. "We've worked hard to put together a program that benefits student athletes and gives the institution reason to be proud and this is confirmation that in just a short time, we have done just that. Right now we're putting our team together for 2013."
Monroe finished 2-6 in its inaugural season. The Mustangs join ASA, Dean College, Erie Community College, Hudson Valley Community College, Lackawanna College, Louisburg College and Nassau Community College in the NEFC.
From a report by Monroe College Athletics
- 1 Sex Offenders Live Near New Rochelle Pre-K's, Report Says
- 2 New Rochelle Man Faces Attempted Murder Charges
- 3 New Rochelle Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In Latest Storm
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In New Rochelle
- 5 Port Chester Landscaper Pulls Down Record $571K Empire City Casino Jackpot