NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Monroe College announced Monday that its football team became an official member of the NJCAA’s Northeast Football Conference.
The Mustangs played their first varsity season as provisional members of the conference but officially joined as the NEFC’s eighth member. The conference was founded in 1996.
"This is another good step forward for Monroe football," said Monroe’s Athletic Director Bert Shillingford. "We've worked hard to put together a program that benefits student athletes and gives the institution reason to be proud and this is confirmation that in just a short time, we have done just that. Right now we're putting our team together for 2013."
Monroe finished 2-6 in its inaugural season. The Mustangs join ASA, Dean College, Erie Community College, Hudson Valley Community College, Lackawanna College, Louisburg College and Nassau Community College in the NEFC.
From a report by Monroe College Athletics
- 1 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Stepson Of Schools Superintendent
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In New Rochelle
- 4 Three Hospitalized After Serious I-87 Crash Involving Tractor-Trailer, Car
- 5 Yonkers Man, 22, Drowns In Surf Off New Jersey Shore