NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – The Iona College men’s basketball team has a new assistant coach for the 2013-14 season.
Brock Erickson was chosen by Tim Cluess to fill the position left vacant by Zak Boisvert, who left the program for a position at Fairleigh Dickinson.
No stranger to New Rochelle, Erickson previously served as an assistant coach at Monroe College, where he established himself as a strong tactician of the game, a news release from Iona said.
"We're excited to have Coach Erickson come on board," said Cluess. "His tireless work ethic and knowledge of the game will be a tremendous asset to the program."
He continued, "Brock has several years of experience at the Division III and junior college levels in the Metropolitan area and has established strong connections that will help us with recruiting as well.”
During his one season at State College Florida Manatee, Erickson led the team to a No. 8 ranking in the Florida College System Activities association, the release said.
Notably, Erickson mentored incoming sophomore transfer Isaiah Williams at State College Florida, the 2013 Suncoast Conference Player of the Year.
To read more about Erickson, visit the Iona announcement.
- 1 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Stepson Of Schools Superintendent
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In New Rochelle
- 4 Three Hospitalized After Serious I-87 Crash Involving Tractor-Trailer, Car
- 5 Yonkers Man, 22, Drowns In Surf Off New Jersey Shore