NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Iona College Associate Athletic Director of Communications Brian Beyrer will host the first-ever Iona Basketball Media Day Saturday at the Hynes Athletics Center in conjunction with the programs’ “Meet The Gaels.” practice.
The men’s basketball program will have open practice from 10 a.m. to noon and the women’s practice is from 12:30-2:30 p.m. The media session and fan meet-and-greet is scheduled for noon to 12:30 p.m. The men’s basketball staff and student-athletes will be available as long as needed following the 12:30 p.m. start time for women’s basketball practice.
Men’s basketball features nine newcomers to a squad that finished 25-8 and earned the program’s first-ever NCAA at-large bid last winter. The Gaels were the 2011-12 MAAC regular season champions and return starters Lamont Jones, Sean Armand and Taaj Ridley.
The women’s roster has seven new players and features reigning MAAC Rookie of the Year Damika Martinez.
Both programs begin their seasons Nov. 9 at the Hynes Center. The women take on Navy at 11 a.m. while the men host Denver at 9 p.m. on ESPNU-TV.
- 1 New Rochelle's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures
- 3 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So New Rochelle Must Prepare
- 4 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire