NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- The College of New Rochelle's Jasmine Brandon is the student athlete of the month for January.
The women's basketball team forward from Jersey City received the award recently from the Association of Division III Independents. In January, Brandon, a sophomore, averaged 26.3 points, 10.7 rebounds, 2.4 steals and 1.1 blocks per game in helping the Blue Angels to a 4-3 record. She recorded four double-doubles and led The College of New Rochelle in scoring five times, steals four times, blocks four times and rebounds twice, school officials said.
Brandon was a two-time AD3I Player of the Week during January and put up a record breaking performance in the Blue Angels’ win at Albertus Magnus College, scoring a school-record 47 points and adding 17 rebounds, three steals and two blocks. The center shot 51.0 percent from the floor and 72.0 percent from the line for the month.
Brandon also earned AD3I Student-Athlete of the Month honors in November 2012 and February 2013.
- 1 New Rochelle Millennial Runs For Library Trustee Seat
- 2 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits Market For $29.5M
- 3 Shakespeare Meets Taylor Swift In New Rochelle 'Pop-Up' Performance
- 4 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 Westchester Schools Reporting High Opt-Out Rates On State Math Tests