NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Steiner Sports Marketing and Memorabilia's 25th anniversary is an example of how the company has embraced New Rochelle, CEO Brandon Steiner said of his company.
“New Rochelle is my city. New Rochelle is my home,” he said.
Baseball greats Yogi Berra, Barry Larkin, David Cone and Doc Larsen joined New Rochelle Mayor Noam Bramson for Steiner’s 25th anniversary charity signing and proclamation day Wednesday, at company headquarters, 145 Huguenot Street, in New Rochelle.
The former major league stars autographed items for the company’s hurricane relief online auction Wednesday night.
Steiner Sports also received items from sports stars for its 25th Anniversary Charity Collection, such as items from Mariano Rivera, Mark Messier, Eli Manning, Bob Knight, Yogi Berra, Walt Frazier, Brian Leetch, and Frank Gifford. Proceeds will go to charities selected by each star.
Most signatures were obtained during a three-day anniversary celebration at Steiner.
Steiner Yankee pitching legend Don Larsen and iconic basketball coach Bob Knight joined Westchester County Executive Robert Astorino in launching the anniversary Monday.
Larsen said he is selling his jersey in the online auction so his grandchildren can go to college.
“I’m not getting any younger. I have no use for it anymore,” said Larsen, who flew in from Idaho. Larsen played for seven different teams from 1953 to 1957.
Larsen said he was enjoying the three-day event. “It’s nice to be here,” he said.
Former Yankees no-hitter and Mets star David Cone, who was signing baseballs with Barry Larkin, said he was giving back because of what Steiner has produced.
“We give an ear ourselves,” he said.
Steiner moved the company to New Rochelle in 2000.
Here is a list of sports greats participating in the Steiner 25th anniversary charity collection, some who have been or are Steiner clients:
- Otis Anderson (OJ Anderson Scholarship Fund)
- Carl Banks, Yogi Berra (The Yogi Berra Museum and Learning Center)
- Ryan Callahan (Empire State Relief Fund)
- David Cone (David Cone Foundation)
- Victor Cruz (Victor Cruz Foundation)
- Walt Frazier (Walt Frazier Youth Foundation)
- Frank Gifford (Association to Benefit Children)
- Doc Gooden (Empire State Relief Fund)
- Bob Knight, Barry Larkin (Jersey City Reds Youth Team)
- Don Larsen (Don Larsen Foundation)
- Brian Leetch, Marty Lyons (Marty Lyons Foundation)
- Eli Manning, George Martin (Journey for 9/11)
- Mark Messier, Joe Morris, Mariano Rivera (Mariano Rivera Foundation)
- Iman Shumpert (Hurricane Relief)
- John Starks (John Starks Foundation)
- Mike Richter (Riverkeepers)
- Mookie Wilson and David Wright