NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- A fire alarm at New Rochelle High School left several students soaked after a fire alarm forced an evacuation of students on Thursday morning, June 5.
According to Principal Reginald Richardson, a fire alarm went off shortly before 10 a.m., leading to an evacuation of the high school. After a brief investigation, firefighters determined that there was no fire or damage to the structure.
Students had to wait in rain outside the high school for 12 minutes before being allowed back into building.
- 1 New Rochelle's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures
- 3 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester
- 4 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So New Rochelle Must Prepare
- 5 New Rochelle Approves Downtown Parking Overhaul