NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- A fire alarm at New Rochelle High School left several students soaked after a fire alarm forced an evacuation of students on Thursday morning, June 5.
According to Principal Reginald Richardson, a fire alarm went off shortly before 10 a.m., leading to an evacuation of the high school. After a brief investigation, firefighters determined that there was no fire or damage to the structure.
Students had to wait in rain outside the high school for 12 minutes before being allowed back into building.
- 1 New Rochelle Police Investigating Overnight Gunshots
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Men Shot, Killed Before Hutchinson River Parkway Crash ID'd
- 5 Police Investigating Fatal Shootings Off Hutchinson River Parkway