NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – The College of New Rochelle announced Monday it would be offering a scholarship specifically for graduates of Catholic high schools.
The Catholic High School Graduate Award covers up to $9,000 of tuition for any student who is accepted and enrolls in either the college’s School of Arts & Sciences or School of Nursing.
“It is hoped that this scholarship will provide the opportunity for students to extend their Catholic education in an environment that fosters a renewal of faith," said Judith Huntington, president of The College of New Rochelle, in a press release. The scholarship was created in response to Pope Benedict XVI’s proclamation of October 2012 through November 2013 as “The Year of Faith,” according to the college.
To be eligible for the scholarship, students must be nominated by their principal or guidance counselor. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 IRS Warns New Rochelle Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 3 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 4 New Rochelle Hosts Thanksgiving Parade, Pancake Breakfast
- 5 Driver, Witnesses Assist Police After Pedestrian Struck, Killed On Saw Mill