NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – An agreement between Iona College’s study abroad program and Spain's Universitat Abat Oliba CEU will allow both schools to begin international opportunities.
Iona hosted visitors from Abat Oliba on Nov. 13 and Nov. 14 so they could learn about Iona, see how the schools could collaborate and follow up at each stage of the process.
Officials signed an agreement to recruit students from Spain to study at Iona and enhance study abroad opportunities for Iona students, the school said.
Iona College President Joseph Nyre said the college is looking forward to the opportunity.
“Abat Oliba is part of a large Catholic school consortium in Barcelona and throughout Spain and is particularly interested in having a Catholic college partner in the New York metropolitan area,” Nyre said in a statement. “We welcome this opportunity to expand our academic outreach through this international partnership.”
Both schools will also work to exchange ideas with faculty, research together, hold conferences, teach remotely and create intense programs to transition students into their study abroad experience.
- 1 New Rochelle City Council Looking Into New Ice Rink
- 2 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 3 Accident Involving Car, Tractor Trailer Creates Morning Gridlock On I-95
- 4 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To New Rochelle
- 5 10 License Violators In Westchester Fined By State Liquor Authority