NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Iona College has announced that Kathleen Gill has been appointed general counsel at Iona College.
Gill assumes the role of chief legal officer, managing all legal operations and providing legal services to the college on a broad range of business, academic and statutory issues.
Gill joined Iona in fall 2013 as secretary to the board and senior policy adviser after spending many years working for the city of New Rochelle.
After graduating from law school, she worked for a private litigation firm and in 1995 was appointed assistant corporation counsel for the city of New Rochelle. She was promoted to deputy corporation counsel in 1997, handling various legal proceedings from inception through trial, including appeals.
She also served as legal adviser to the planning and zoning boards and city staff on zoning and development issues. Gill was appointed to corporation counsel in November 2009, advising the city manager and City Council on all legal matters.
Gill earned an undergraduate degree in government from Skidmore College, an master's degree in urban planning and environmental studies from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, and a JD degree and environmental certificate from Pace University School of Law, where she was an editor on the Environmental Law Review.
She is a member of the New York state and New Rochelle Bar Associations.
- 1 Lyme Disease-Spreading Ticks Arriving Earlier Than Normal, Study Says
- 2 Westchester Communities Rank High Among Nation's Best Suburbs
- 3 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 4 Domestic Violence Charges Against New Rochelle's Ray Rice Dismissed
- 5 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit