NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- New Rochelle's Iona College is starting a new scholarship opportunity that will benefit military and first responders who are interested in pursuing criminal justice careers.
The First Responders Scholarship reflects a 30 percent tuition discount and is available for all active first responder personnel who enroll either full time in a master’s degree or certificate program in criminal justice or a certificate program in forensic criminology at Iona College, officials said. The scholarship is available for all active first responders in the fields of law enforcement, fire safety, military and positions of emergency services personnel, civil air patrol senior members, corrections, probation, parole officers and mid-administrators.
“It is our hope that this scholarship will make it possible for first responders to enhance their career path by pursuing high quality educational opportunities in the field of criminal justice,” said Cathryn Lavery, chair and professor of criminal justice at Iona College.
For more information, contact: Veronica Jarek-Prinz, director of graduate admissions, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 914-633-2420.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 New Rochelle Lights Up The Skies With 'Spark the Sound' Fireworks
- 3 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash
- 4 Man Found Naked Arraigned On Murder Charge, Says Westchester DA
- 5 George Pataki, Donald Trump Exchange Barbs Over Controversial Comments