NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- New Rochelle's Iona College is starting a new scholarship opportunity that will benefit military and first responders who are interested in pursuing criminal justice careers.
The First Responders Scholarship reflects a 30 percent tuition discount and is available for all active first responder personnel who enroll either full time in a master’s degree or certificate program in criminal justice or a certificate program in forensic criminology at Iona College, officials said. The scholarship is available for all active first responders in the fields of law enforcement, fire safety, military and positions of emergency services personnel, civil air patrol senior members, corrections, probation, parole officers and mid-administrators.
“It is our hope that this scholarship will make it possible for first responders to enhance their career path by pursuing high quality educational opportunities in the field of criminal justice,” said Cathryn Lavery, chair and professor of criminal justice at Iona College.
For more information, contact: Veronica Jarek-Prinz, director of graduate admissions, at email@example.com, or call 914-633-2420.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Missing Larchmont Woman, 72, Is Found Safe In Manhattan
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Rochelle
- 4 Sony Pulls Movie; New Rochelle Will Have To Wait On 'Interview'
- 5 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Removed From McDonald's Menu In Westchester