NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- The College of New Rochelle recently appointed Elaine T. White as the new vice president for student services.
In her new role, White will supervise the offices of: Campus Ministry, Career Development, Residence Life, Counseling and Health Services, Student Activities, Student Development, Athletics and the Wellness Center.
White has served as dean of students at The College of New Rochelle since June 2012, advocating for student concerns and working collaboratively with her academic colleagues.
“Elaine has demonstrated a consistent ability to empower student leaders and challenge students to fully develop their individual talents," Judith Huntington, president of The College of New Rochelle, said in a statement. "Her commitment to fostering a vibrant and engaging community supports student success and resonates deeply with the mission of our college.”
White came to the college from Manhattan College, where she was director of student development. She has held positions with increasing levels of responsibility throughout more than 20 years in leadership roles at institutions of higher learning.
White received a Bachelor of Arts degree from Long Island University-Brooklyn and a Master of Arts degree in counseling from Manhattan College.
- 1 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 2 Lyme Disease-Spreading Ticks Arriving Earlier Than Normal, Study Says
- 3 Westchester Communities Rank High Among Nation's Best Suburbs
- 4 Airbag Recall Is Largest Ever In Auto History
- 5 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit