NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Iona College in New Rochelle recently announced that Cardinal Timothy Dolan will be the keynote speaker for the 2014 undergraduate and graduate commencement ceremonies to be held at The Theatre at Madison Square Garden on Saturday, May 17.
Dolan was named and installed as archbishop of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York by Pope Benedict XVI in 2009 and named a cardinal in 2012.
The ceremony will also recognize Westchester Community College President Joseph Hankin, who will receive an honorary doctorate in education.
The undergraduate ceremony is scheduled to begin at 11 a.m.
The graduate commencement at 2 p.m. will feature world-renowned poet Terence Winch, an Iona alumnus, class of 1967.
Winch will be presented with an honorary doctorate of humane letters for his numerous works that are included in more than 30 anthologies.
- 1 State Police Warn New Rochelle Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 3 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation
- 4 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield
- 5 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison