NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Three generations of a family, including a mother, a son and a granddaughter, all graduated from Monroe College at commencement ceremonies held at the Jacob Javitz Center on Sunday, June 8.
The granddaughter, Ayanna Hogg, studied at Monroe's New Rochelle campus for the past two years, earning her associate degree in culinary arts through the college's School of Hospitality Management & the Culinary Arts.
The mother, Makeda Sabree, came to Monroe in 2010 and has now received her MBA, with a minor in health management.
The son, Mwalimu Sabree, came to Monroe in 2009 and graduated with a BBA in business management.
- 1 State Police Warn New Rochelle Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 3 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 4 New Rochelle City Council Approves Parks Overhaul
- 5 Former NBA, Knicks Star Anthony Mason Of New Rochelle Dies At 48