NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Three generations of a family, including a mother, a son and a granddaughter, all graduated from Monroe College at commencement ceremonies held at the Jacob Javitz Center on Sunday, June 8.
The granddaughter, Ayanna Hogg, studied at Monroe's New Rochelle campus for the past two years, earning her associate degree in culinary arts through the college's School of Hospitality Management & the Culinary Arts.
The mother, Makeda Sabree, came to Monroe in 2010 and has now received her MBA, with a minor in health management.
The son, Mwalimu Sabree, came to Monroe in 2009 and graduated with a BBA in business management.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 'Black Lives Matter' Group Organizes March On New Rochelle City Hall
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Rochelle
- 4 Sen. Latimer's Rye Home Goes Into Foreclosure
- 5 Ambush-Style Killings Of NYPD Officers Spark Outrage In Westchester