NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- The City of New Rochelle has announced plans to build a concierge desk at the Metro-North station.
Security personnel will be stationed at the desk to improve safety, deter mischief, and monitor persistent trouble spots like the bathrooms. They will also be trained to provide information and brochures about events, restaurants, and activities in New Rochelle, with additional information displayed electronically on adjoining screens.
The New Rochelle station is the busiest stop along Westchester County's portion of the New Haven Line, according to Mayor Noam Bramson's blog.
Construction is scheduled to begin this spring.
- 1 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 New Rochelle Lights Up The Skies With 'Spark the Sound' Fireworks
- 4 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed
- 5 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash