NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- The City of New Rochelle has announced plans to build a concierge desk at the Metro-North station.
Security personnel will be stationed at the desk to improve safety, deter mischief, and monitor persistent trouble spots like the bathrooms. They will also be trained to provide information and brochures about events, restaurants, and activities in New Rochelle, with additional information displayed electronically on adjoining screens.
The New Rochelle station is the busiest stop along Westchester County's portion of the New Haven Line, according to Mayor Noam Bramson's blog.
Construction is scheduled to begin this spring.
- 1 Likely Arrest Of Senate Leader Skelos Tied To Scarsdale Firm, Report Says
- 2 Somers Pepsi Site Sells For Nearly $87M; Carlos Slim Said To Be Owner
- 3 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mother's Fatal Collision With Train
- 4 Court's Injunction Stops HUD From Giving Away Grants For Westchester
- 5 Meteor Shower From Halley's Comet Tail Will Be Visible In Westchester