NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- The City of New Rochelle has announced plans to build a concierge desk at the Metro-North station.
Security personnel will be stationed at the desk to improve safety, deter mischief, and monitor persistent trouble spots like the bathrooms. They will also be trained to provide information and brochures about events, restaurants, and activities in New Rochelle, with additional information displayed electronically on adjoining screens.
The New Rochelle station is the busiest stop along Westchester County's portion of the New Haven Line, according to Mayor Noam Bramson's blog.
Construction is scheduled to begin this spring.
- 1 New Rochelle's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures
- 3 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester
- 4 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So New Rochelle Must Prepare
- 5 New Rochelle Approves Downtown Parking Overhaul