NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- The City of New Rochelle has announced plans to build a concierge desk at the Metro-North station.
Security personnel will be stationed at the desk to improve safety, deter mischief, and monitor persistent trouble spots like the bathrooms. They will also be trained to provide information and brochures about events, restaurants, and activities in New Rochelle, with additional information displayed electronically on adjoining screens.
The New Rochelle station is the busiest stop along Westchester County's portion of the New Haven Line, according to Mayor Noam Bramson's blog.
Construction is scheduled to begin this spring.
- 1 Snow Likely In New Rochelle On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 2 New Rochelle Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 3 New Rochelle Thanksgiving Parade’s New Grand Marshal Tops News Last Week
- 4 Westchester School Closing, Early Dismissal Rundown
- 5 Suspect In Theft Of Fur Coats From Greenwich Saks Nabbed In New Rochelle