NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- The City of New Rochelle has announced plans to build a concierge desk at the Metro-North station.
Security personnel will be stationed at the desk to improve safety, deter mischief, and monitor persistent trouble spots like the bathrooms. They will also be trained to provide information and brochures about events, restaurants, and activities in New Rochelle, with additional information displayed electronically on adjoining screens.
The New Rochelle station is the busiest stop along Westchester County's portion of the New Haven Line, according to Mayor Noam Bramson's blog.
Construction is scheduled to begin this spring.
- 1 Hutch Reopens After Overturned Vehicle Accident; Stop-And-Go Delays On I-95
- 2 Snow Could Return To New Rochelle For Monday Morning Commute
- 3 New Rochelle Man Appointed To Head Veterans Services
- 4 Daughters Defend Mother Who Drove SUV In Fatal Train Crash On 'Today' Show
- 5 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents