NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- New Rochelle Library President Haina Just-Michael met with Gov. Andrew Cuomo earlier this month regarding the library's budget.
Gov. Cuomo highlighted key points of the 2014-2015 New York State Budget on April 9, the fourth consecutive on-time budget that holds spending growth below two percent in Westchester County, according to a press release. The budget provides $1.5 billion in property tax cuts to help New York’s homeowners and encourages local governments to "increase efficiencies, transforms schools and increases education spending by a record 5 percent, and lowers the corporate income tax rate to zero," according to the release.
- 1 Man, 37, In Critical Condition After Hit-And-Run In New Rochelle
- 2 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In New Rochelle; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward New Rochelle, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 New Rochelle Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester
- 5 Storm System Departs New Rochelle, Snow Could Return Thursday