NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- New Rochelle Library President Haina Just-Michael met with Gov. Andrew Cuomo earlier this month regarding the library's budget.
Gov. Cuomo highlighted key points of the 2014-2015 New York State Budget on April 9, the fourth consecutive on-time budget that holds spending growth below two percent in Westchester County, according to a press release. The budget provides $1.5 billion in property tax cuts to help New York’s homeowners and encourages local governments to "increase efficiencies, transforms schools and increases education spending by a record 5 percent, and lowers the corporate income tax rate to zero," according to the release.
- 1 New Rochelle Police Investigating Overnight Gunshots
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 5 Police Investigating Fatal Shootings Off Hutchinson River Parkway