WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The New York State chapter of the National Organization of Women endorsed Zephyr Teachout for governor and snubbed incumbent Andrew Cuomo on Monday, Aug. 25, according to the Westchester County Business Journal.
Teachout is challenging Cuomo in the Democratic primary on Sept, 9.
In recent weeks, other major state-level organizations have snubbed Cuomo, like the AFL-CIO, and New York State United Teachers, who elected to stay neutral, WCBJ reported.
Other major organizations, such as the Public Employee Federation, have thrown their support behind Teachout, WCBJ said.
- 1 Westchester School Districts Reporting High Opt-Out Rates
- 2 New Rochelle City Council Expected To Approve Demolition Of Rowing Club
- 3 Opt-Out Debate Rages As State Testing Begins In Westchester
- 4 One Suspect Arrested, Two On The Loose In New Rochelle Robbery
- 5 Schools In Westchester Reporting High Test Opt-Out Rates