WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The New York State chapter of the National Organization of Women endorsed Zephyr Teachout for governor and snubbed incumbent Andrew Cuomo on Monday, Aug. 25, according to the Westchester County Business Journal.
Teachout is challenging Cuomo in the Democratic primary on Sept, 9.
In recent weeks, other major state-level organizations have snubbed Cuomo, like the AFL-CIO, and New York State United Teachers, who elected to stay neutral, WCBJ reported.
Other major organizations, such as the Public Employee Federation, have thrown their support behind Teachout, WCBJ said.
- 1 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yard In Yonkers
- 2 New Rochelle Native Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire, Philanthropist, Dies
- 3 Mariano Rivera Joins Celebs For WFAN, New Rochelle Charity Softball Game
- 4 Bramson: Another Step Forward In Downtown New Rochelle Development Process
- 5 Westchester Man Wins Millions In Lottery