WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The New York State chapter of the National Organization of Women endorsed Zephyr Teachout for governor and snubbed incumbent Andrew Cuomo on Monday, Aug. 25, according to the Westchester County Business Journal.
Teachout is challenging Cuomo in the Democratic primary on Sept, 9.
In recent weeks, other major state-level organizations have snubbed Cuomo, like the AFL-CIO, and New York State United Teachers, who elected to stay neutral, WCBJ reported.
Other major organizations, such as the Public Employee Federation, have thrown their support behind Teachout, WCBJ said.
- 1 New Rochelle Lockout Lifted As Police Investigate Shots Fired In Area
- 2 State Approves Controversial New Rochelle Group Home
- 3 Female Suspect From Pelham Identified In NJ Bank Theft
- 4 New Rochelle Native Pleads Guilty For Role In Fatal Crash
- 5 New Rochelle High School Has Two Lockdowns After Reports Of Shots