WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The New York State chapter of the National Organization of Women endorsed Zephyr Teachout for governor and snubbed incumbent Andrew Cuomo on Monday, Aug. 25, according to the Westchester County Business Journal.
Teachout is challenging Cuomo in the Democratic primary on Sept, 9.
In recent weeks, other major state-level organizations have snubbed Cuomo, like the AFL-CIO, and New York State United Teachers, who elected to stay neutral, WCBJ reported.
Other major organizations, such as the Public Employee Federation, have thrown their support behind Teachout, WCBJ said.
- 1 New Rochelle Lights Up The Skies With 'Spark the Sound' Fireworks
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash
- 4 Man Found Naked Arraigned On Murder Charge, Says Westchester DA
- 5 22-Year-Old Drowning Victim ID'd; Schools Superintendent's Stepson