NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Tenants of the city-run Hartley House apartment complex are calling on New Rochelle officials for security measures following the murder of a 45-year-old man in a stairwell of one of the buildings on Friday, according to News 12.
Keita Speed, a resident of New Rochelle, was found face down on the second-floor landing of a building in the Hartley Houses complex on Friday, Jan. 10 at approximately 7:49 p.m. after police were called by a resident of the building, police officials said.
He was bleeding from a wound in his left shoulder in the area of his neck, according to police.
The Municipal Housing Authority is cooperating with the police and will not ignore the residents' concerns, according to News 12.
- 1 Men Shot, Killed Before Hutchinson River Parkway Crash ID'd
- 2 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 3 July 4 Terror Warning Is Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 4 White Plains Man, 31, Who Died In Apparent Drowning ID'd
- 5 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital