NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Tenants of the city-run Hartley House apartment complex are calling on New Rochelle officials for security measures following the murder of a 45-year-old man in a stairwell of one of the buildings on Friday, according to News 12.
Keita Speed, a resident of New Rochelle, was found face down on the second-floor landing of a building in the Hartley Houses complex on Friday, Jan. 10 at approximately 7:49 p.m. after police were called by a resident of the building, police officials said.
He was bleeding from a wound in his left shoulder in the area of his neck, according to police.
The Municipal Housing Authority is cooperating with the police and will not ignore the residents' concerns, according to News 12.
- 1 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yard In Yonkers
- 2 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 3 Accident Involving Car, Tractor Trailer Creates Morning Gridlock On I-95
- 4 New Rochelle Native Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire, Philanthropist, Dies
- 5 New Rochelle Residents Get To See Blue Moon Friday Night