NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – The Range Rover a Land Rover employee was taking for inspection Wednesday in New Rochelle was stolen while he stopped for coffee, police said.
The worker left the black vehicle unlocked with the keys in the ignition and went into the Dunkin' Donuts at 96 E. Main St., Capt. Joseph Schaller said. The $100,000 vehicle was missing when he came back out.
The following incidents also were reported by New Rochelle Police:
• An individual was seen running west on Manhattan Avenue after kicking and smashing the glass of the front door at a home at 10 Manhattan Ave.
A 17-year-old girl who lives at the residence and a 19-year-old suffered cuts, Capt. Joseph Schaller said. Both refused medical attention.
• Two neighbors saw a man with a cane and wearing a gray coat and a younger person with a backpack at 46 Albert Place Wednesday at noon, police said.
Officers responded to an alarm and searched the area for two individuals neighbors said knocked on the front door and went to the back of the house, Schaller said.
The two then went to a van parked on the street while the younger one returned to the back of the house twice. The pair then fled in the van.
Police are investigating.
- 1 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 2 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring
- 3 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You