NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – A New Rochelle man was accused of driving while intoxicated after hitting a telephone pole and mailbox Sunday night, police said.
Luis Moquilaza, 44, of 35 Pierce St, New Rochelle, was charged with driving while intoxicated, first offense, a misdemeanor, and operating a motor vehicle with 0.08 percent or more alcohol in his blood, a misdemeanor, in connection with hitting the telephone pole and mailbox at 666 Pinebrook Blvd., New Rochelle police said.
Mosquilaza was arrested at Pinebrook and Fifth Avenue after walking away from the scene police said.
- 1 New Rochelle Childhood School Put On Lockdown After Gun Threat
- 2 New Rochelle's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures
- 4 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So New Rochelle Must Prepare
- 5 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire