NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – A corrections officer from New Rochelle was charged with grand larceny after her arrest on Aug. 5 after she was accused of filing a false worker’s compensation claim, according to the New York State Police.
Lea Vasquez, 28, of New Rochelle, was charged with offering a false instrument for filing in the first degree and grand larceny in the third degree. She was suspended as a corrections officer at the Downstate Correctional Facility in Fishkill, N.Y.
Vasquez is due to return to the Town of Fishkill Court on Sept. 2.
- 1 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In New Rochelle; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 2 Man, 37, In Critical Condition After Hit-And-Run In New Rochelle
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward New Rochelle, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 New Rochelle Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester