NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – A corrections officer from New Rochelle was charged with grand larceny after her arrest on Aug. 5 after she was accused of filing a false worker’s compensation claim, according to the New York State Police.
Lea Vasquez, 28, of New Rochelle, was charged with offering a false instrument for filing in the first degree and grand larceny in the third degree. She was suspended as a corrections officer at the Downstate Correctional Facility in Fishkill, N.Y.
Vasquez is due to return to the Town of Fishkill Court on Sept. 2.
- 1 New Rochelle's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures
- 3 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So New Rochelle Must Prepare
- 4 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire