NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – A corrections officer from New Rochelle was charged with grand larceny after her arrest on Aug. 5 after she was accused of filing a false worker’s compensation claim, according to the New York State Police.
Lea Vasquez, 28, of New Rochelle, was charged with offering a false instrument for filing in the first degree and grand larceny in the third degree. She was suspended as a corrections officer at the Downstate Correctional Facility in Fishkill, N.Y.
Vasquez is due to return to the Town of Fishkill Court on Sept. 2.
- 1 New Rochelle Lockout Lifted As Police Investigate Shots Fired In Area
- 2 State Approves Controversial New Rochelle Group Home
- 3 Female Suspect From Pelham Identified In NJ Bank Theft
- 4 New Rochelle High School Has Two Lockdowns After Reports Of Shots
- 5 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola