NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – A corrections officer from New Rochelle was charged with grand larceny after her arrest on Aug. 5 after she was accused of filing a false worker’s compensation claim, according to the New York State Police.
Lea Vasquez, 28, of New Rochelle, was charged with offering a false instrument for filing in the first degree and grand larceny in the third degree. She was suspended as a corrections officer at the Downstate Correctional Facility in Fishkill, N.Y.
Vasquez is due to return to the Town of Fishkill Court on Sept. 2.
- 1 New Rochelle Lights Up The Skies With 'Spark the Sound' Fireworks
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Schools Superintendent's Stepson
- 4 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In New Rochelle
- 5 Three Hospitalized After Serious I-87 Crash Involving Tractor-Trailer, Car