NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – A corrections officer from New Rochelle was charged with grand larceny after her arrest on Aug. 5 after she was accused of filing a false worker’s compensation claim, according to the New York State Police.
Lea Vasquez, 28, of New Rochelle, was charged with offering a false instrument for filing in the first degree and grand larceny in the third degree. She was suspended as a corrections officer at the Downstate Correctional Facility in Fishkill, N.Y.
Vasquez is due to return to the Town of Fishkill Court on Sept. 2.
- 1 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 2 Lyme Disease-Spreading Ticks Arriving Earlier Than Normal, Study Says
- 3 Westchester Communities Rank High Among Nation's Best Suburbs
- 4 Airbag Recall Is Largest Ever In Auto History
- 5 New Rochelle Will See Several Rounds Of Showers, Thunderstorms