NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- New Rochelle has been ranked as one of the safest cities of its size and retained the lowest crime rate of municipalities its size in Westchester County, according to a recent report released by the New Rochelle Police Department.
Overall crime statistics for 2013 were down three percent. The most notable drops in crime were Robberies (nine percent) and Burglaries (14 percent).
“We are gratified to see our hard work paying off,” New Rochelle Police Commissioner Patrick Carroll said in a statement. “These numbers reflect the vigilance of the department, especially in regards to robberies and burglaries.”
The report also details advances in technology by the Department, including implementation of a Municipal Wireless Mesh Network and video network system. Additionally, the department was reaccredited for the fourth time by the New York State Law Enforcement Accreditation Council.
Click here to read the full report. http://www.newrochelleny.com/nrpd
- 1 IRS Warns New Rochelle Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 3 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 4 New Rochelle Hosts Thanksgiving Parade, Pancake Breakfast
- 5 Frigid Wind Chills Will Continue In New Rochelle