NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- New Rochelle has been ranked as one of the safest cities of its size and retained the lowest crime rate of municipalities its size in Westchester County, according to a recent report released by the New Rochelle Police Department.
Overall crime statistics for 2013 were down three percent. The most notable drops in crime were Robberies (nine percent) and Burglaries (14 percent).
“We are gratified to see our hard work paying off,” New Rochelle Police Commissioner Patrick Carroll said in a statement. “These numbers reflect the vigilance of the department, especially in regards to robberies and burglaries.”
The report also details advances in technology by the Department, including implementation of a Municipal Wireless Mesh Network and video network system. Additionally, the department was reaccredited for the fourth time by the New York State Law Enforcement Accreditation Council.
Click here to read the full report. http://www.newrochelleny.com/nrpd
- 1 Westchester High Schools Rank High Among New York's Best
- 2 Winter Storm Watch Issued For New Rochelle
- 3 Video Appears To Show New Rochelle Police Drawing Guns Over Snowball Fight
- 4 New Rochelle Will See Dangerous Wind Chills As Low As 15 Below Zero
- 5 Snow Could Affect Friday Morning Commute In New Rochelle