NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – New Rochelle police are investigating a reported robbery that took place Wednesday evening at Brook Street and Lincoln Avenue, police said.
An 18-year-old Mount Vernon resident said his white iPhone was stolen after a 6-foot black male allegedly punched him in the face and stuck a hard object in his back as the victim was walking southbound on Brook Street, according to Captain Kevin Kealy.
The suspect also reportedly dropped a hammer, then picked it back up, Kealy said. Police do not know if it was the object allegedly shoved into the victim's back, police said.
The victim reported the incident at the police station.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 New Rochelle Lights Up The Skies With 'Spark the Sound' Fireworks
- 3 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash
- 4 Man Found Naked Arraigned On Murder Charge, Says Westchester DA
- 5 George Pataki, Donald Trump Exchange Barbs Over Controversial Comments