NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – New Rochelle police are investigating a reported robbery that took place Wednesday evening at Brook Street and Lincoln Avenue, police said.
An 18-year-old Mount Vernon resident said his white iPhone was stolen after a 6-foot black male allegedly punched him in the face and stuck a hard object in his back as the victim was walking southbound on Brook Street, according to Captain Kevin Kealy.
The suspect also reportedly dropped a hammer, then picked it back up, Kealy said. Police do not know if it was the object allegedly shoved into the victim's back, police said.
The victim reported the incident at the police station.
- 1 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yard In Yonkers
- 2 New Rochelle Native Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire, Philanthropist, Dies
- 3 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 4 New Rochelle Residents Get To See Blue Moon Friday Night
- 5 Mariano Rivera Joins Celebs For WFAN, New Rochelle Charity Softball Game