NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – New Rochelle police are investigating a reported robbery that took place Wednesday evening at Brook Street and Lincoln Avenue, police said.
An 18-year-old Mount Vernon resident said his white iPhone was stolen after a 6-foot black male allegedly punched him in the face and stuck a hard object in his back as the victim was walking southbound on Brook Street, according to Captain Kevin Kealy.
The suspect also reportedly dropped a hammer, then picked it back up, Kealy said. Police do not know if it was the object allegedly shoved into the victim's back, police said.
The victim reported the incident at the police station.
- 1 Ryder Gordon Brown, 3, Of Larchmont
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward New Rochelle, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 New Rochelle Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 4 New Rochelle To Target, Eliminate Aggressive Panhandlers
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In New Rochelle; Blizzard Warning Issued