WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. - Police in Port Chester are requesting that residents remain calm and don’t tie up their phone lines as the village experiences a large power outage.
Shortly after 12:30 p.m. on Thursday, police issued an alert confirming the outage, noting that Con Edison is aware of the situation and is working to make the necessary fix to restore service.
“We are aware that there is a large power outage in the village. Con Ed is aware and is working on it. Please do not call 911 or 939-1000 to report this. Doing so ties up our lines and endangers the public,” they posted.
NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - New Rochelle celebrated some of the city’s finest at the annual Police Department Memorial and Awards Ceremony.
In accordance with Police Memorial Week, the New Rochelle Police Department held its annual ceremony on Wednesday at the Greentree Country Club, where they “honored department members for their outstanding contributions, as well as the memory of those officers who sacrificed their lives in service to the city.”
At the event, Police Officer of the Year was presented to Nicholas Zuzulo and Community Service Officer James Sheehy was named as the Civilian Employee of the Year. NYPD Homicide Det. Randy Jurgensen gave the keynote address to more than 100 members of the department, speaking about his time as the lead investigator into the murder of former NYPD Patrolman Phil Cardillo and his book, “Circle of Six,” which is on the same subject.
Other awards that were issued include:
- Chamber of Commerce Investigator of the Year Award : Det. Joseph Savoca;
- Empress Ambulance Lifesaver of the Year Award: Lt. Robert Wenzler, Officer Timothy Childs, Officer Robert Johnson and Officer Nicholas Trikedes;
- Arthur Luce Klein Award: Det. Thomas Raptis;
- Certificate of Appreciation: Community Service Officer Christine Lanza and Assistant Harbor Master Alexianna Campagnola;
- Twelve Year Perfect Attendance Award Police Commissioner Patrick Carroll, Det. Michael Ciafardini, and Lt. Edward Hayes;
- Ten Year Perfect Attendance Award: Lt. Daniel Conca and Det. Claudio Carpano;
- Nine Year Perfect Attendance Award: Officer Francesco Provenzale;
- Eight Year Perfect Attendance Award: Officer Gary Lehning;
- Six Year Perfect Attendance Award: Det. Lt. Christopher Hearl, Det. Luigi Amico and Det. Sgt. Myron Joseph; Five Year Perfect Attendance Award: Det. Lt. Gary Robinson, Det. Gregory Herring, Officer Anthony Colotti and Officer Anthony D’Angelo.