NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – A 20-year-old New Rochelle man was punched in the face when five men tried to take his wallet near the intersection of Main Street and Drake Avenue, police said.
The victim chased after the muggers, who ran up Drake Avenue and then headed east on Main Street, Capt. Joseph Schaller said.
The wallet was in the man's left front pants pocket, Schaller said. He added that he had redness and swelling on his upper left cheek.
Also from the New Rochelle police blotter:
- A $5,000 gold chain, $800 laptop and other jewelry were reported stolen from a New Rochelle apartment Friday. Police found that sheetrock covering a window leading to a fire escape was broken, Schaller said.
- Tejinder Chahil, 52, of 294 First St., Yonkers, was charged with DWI, a misdemeanor, Saturday night in New Rochelle. He was allegedly swerving through lanes and tailgating cars while driving west on Main Street toward Pelham. Chahil told the arresting officer he was rushing to get home, Sgt. George Marshall said. He was released after posting $250.
- 1 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Stepson Of Schools Superintendent
- 2 Yonkers Man, 22, Drowns In Surf Off New Jersey Shore
- 3 Gang Members Charged With Murder, Other Felonies In White Plains Court
- 4 Severe Storms Could Cause Flooding In New Rochelle
- 5 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money