NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Three people had to evacuate their Kress Avenue home Monday morning when a two-alarm fire erupted in the third floor of the building.
No one was reported injured.
Firefighters spent more than an hour putting out the early morning fire, which started in a closet of the multifamily building, New Rochelle Fire Chief Louis DiMeglio said.
The fire then spread into a crawl space and the attic.
The fire department is investigating the cause, but it appears accidental, DiMieglio said.
- 1 Hutch Reopens After Overturned Vehicle Accident; Stop-And-Go Delays On I-95
- 2 Daughters Defend Mother Who Drove SUV In Fatal Train Crash On 'Today' Show
- 3 Schumer, Lowey Cite Westchester's Concerns Over Proposed I-95 Toll Booths
- 4 New Rochelle Man Appointed To Head Veterans Services
- 5 Snow Could Return To New Rochelle For Monday Morning Commute