NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Three people had to evacuate their Kress Avenue home Monday morning when a two-alarm fire erupted in the third floor of the building.
No one was reported injured.
Firefighters spent more than an hour putting out the early morning fire, which started in a closet of the multifamily building, New Rochelle Fire Chief Louis DiMeglio said.
The fire then spread into a crawl space and the attic.
The fire department is investigating the cause, but it appears accidental, DiMieglio said.
- 1 Men Shot, Killed Before Hutchinson River Parkway Crash ID'd
- 2 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 3 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Police Investigating Fatal Shootings Off Hutchinson River Parkway