NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Three people had to evacuate their Kress Avenue home Monday morning when a two-alarm fire erupted in the third floor of the building.
No one was reported injured.
Firefighters spent more than an hour putting out the early morning fire, which started in a closet of the multifamily building, New Rochelle Fire Chief Louis DiMeglio said.
The fire then spread into a crawl space and the attic.
The fire department is investigating the cause, but it appears accidental, DiMieglio said.
- 1 Faulty Gas Line Closes New Rochelle High School Tuesday
- 2 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 3 Missing Larchmont Woman, 72, Is Found Safe In Manhattan
- 4 New York Archdiocese Likely To Merge More Parishes
- 5 John J. Imperioli, 78, Retired Captain, New Rochelle Fire Department