NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Three people had to evacuate their Kress Avenue home Monday morning when a two-alarm fire erupted in the third floor of the building.
No one was reported injured.
Firefighters spent more than an hour putting out the early morning fire, which started in a closet of the multifamily building, New Rochelle Fire Chief Louis DiMeglio said.
The fire then spread into a crawl space and the attic.
The fire department is investigating the cause, but it appears accidental, DiMieglio said.
- 1 Rye High School Grad, 20, Found Dead In College Dorm Room, Reports Say
- 2 Red Flag Warning Issued For Westchester
- 3 Contractor Chosen For New Rochelle Rowing Club Demolition
- 4 Investigation Is Under Way Into Death Of Rye High School Grad Marisa Curlen
- 5 Heavy Rain, Possible Thunderstorms Will Be Moving Into New Rochelle