NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – A 5-year-old boy is recovering at Westchester Medical Center Thursday after falling out of a first-floor window, News 12 reported.
The boy was apparently jumping on his mattress in a first-floor room in his house on Woodland Avenue when he bounced out of the window, hitting the concrete below, according to the report.
The window was missing protective guards that are required in New Rochelle for any apartment housing children 10 years old and up, the report said.
- 1 New Rochelle Childhood School Put On Lockdown After Gun Threat
- 2 New Rochelle's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Mount Vernon Motorcyclist, 29, Killed In Taconic Parkway Crash Is ID'd
- 4 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 5 New Rochelle Schools Officials Discuss Ray Rice On NPR