NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – An 84-year-old Bridgeport, Conn., man’s driving history and license will be evaluated by the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles after he was stopped on Thursday after driving four miles south on the northbound side of Interstate 95 in New Rochelle, police said.
The man was found disoriented after police stopped him at the Centre Avenue bridge, New York State Police Sgt. William Collins said. He was sent to Sound Shore Medical Center for evaluation.
No accidents were reported, and the man was not given a ticket.
After its evaluation, the New York State DMV will decide whether to refer the case to the Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles, Collins said.
- 1 Former NBA All-Star Anthony Mason Of New Rochelle Dies At 48
- 2 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits New Rochelle
- 4 New Rochelle Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 5 Sex Offenders Live Near New Rochelle Pre-K's, Report Says