NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – A machete-wielding man was apprehended in New Rochelle on Monday morning after causing a ruckus outside of his Lafayette Avenue apartment.
Police confirmed that shortly after 7 a.m. on Monday, officers responded to Lafayette Avenue, where the suspect, wielding an approximately 18-inch knife, was breaking windows and making threats on residents’ lives.
When police arrived at the scene, the man then ran indoors to hide. Police surrounded the building and subsequently found the suspect hiding inside. A knife was also recovered after the suspect attempted to discard it near the rear of the building.
According to reports, police believe that alcohol may have influenced the man’s behavior. He allegedly became belligerent towards the arresting officers.
Police are still investigating the incident and searching for motive.
Keep following the Daily Voice for more details.
- 1 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Stepson Of Schools Superintendent
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In New Rochelle
- 4 Three Hospitalized After Serious I-87 Crash Involving Tractor-Trailer, Car
- 5 Yonkers Man, 22, Drowns In Surf Off New Jersey Shore