NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Officials are investigating the results of this weekend’s methamphetamine bust in New Rochelle the drug enforcement administration said.
Fifty pounds of methamphetamine totaling more than $1M in street value were discovered in a residence, the administration said. According to published reports, the Drug Enforcement Administration called it the biggest meth bust in New York State history.
"This is an ongoing investigation and a major seizure of methamphetamine in New York. This illegal drug is extremely addictive, dangerous, and produced by violent cartels. Our dedicated NYDETF Task Force, NYPD Detectives, N.Y. State Police Investigators and Special Agents, along with the New Rochelle Police Department, and the Westchester District Attorney's office, are to be commended for their dogged tenacity, " said DEA Special Agent in Charge Brian Crowell in a statement.
The Westchester District Attorney’s office is prosecuting the case.
Check back with the New Rochelle Daily Voice for updates to this story.
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 3 Snow Likely In New Rochelle On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 4 New Rochelle Thanksgiving Parade’s New Grand Marshal Tops News Last Week
- 5 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In New Rochelle