NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Officials are investigating the results of this weekend’s methamphetamine bust in New Rochelle the drug enforcement administration said.
Fifty pounds of methamphetamine totaling more than $1M in street value were discovered in a residence, the administration said. According to published reports, the Drug Enforcement Administration called it the biggest meth bust in New York State history.
"This is an ongoing investigation and a major seizure of methamphetamine in New York. This illegal drug is extremely addictive, dangerous, and produced by violent cartels. Our dedicated NYDETF Task Force, NYPD Detectives, N.Y. State Police Investigators and Special Agents, along with the New Rochelle Police Department, and the Westchester District Attorney's office, are to be commended for their dogged tenacity, " said DEA Special Agent in Charge Brian Crowell in a statement.
The Westchester District Attorney’s office is prosecuting the case.
Check back with the New Rochelle Daily Voice for updates to this story.
- 1 Former NBA All-Star Anthony Mason Of New Rochelle Dies At 48
- 2 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 3 New Rochelle City Council Approves Parks Overhaul
- 4 New Rochelle Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 5 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits New Rochelle