NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Two men were charged with driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs after police stopped them at a checkpoint in New Rochelle after midnight Friday.
Lawrence Bennett, 63, of Ronbru Drive, New Rochelle, was charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance, a felony; and driving while appearing intoxicated under the combined influence of drugs or alcohol, with no prior offenses, a misdemeanor, after stopping at a checkpoint at North Avenue and the northbound Hutchinson River Parkway, New Rochelle police Sgt. Myron Joseph said.
Avigdor Kramer, 23, of 29 Fanshaw Place, Yonkers, was charged with operating a motor vehicle while impaired by drugs, his first offense, a misdemeanor, at the same checkpoint.
The holiday checkpoint, which netted eight arrests overall, was operated by Westchester County, New Rochelle, Eastchester, Mount Vernon and Scarsdale police officers, Joseph said.
- 1 Hutch Reopens After Overturned Vehicle Accident; Stop-And-Go Delays On I-95
- 2 Snow Could Return To New Rochelle For Monday Morning Commute
- 3 New Rochelle Man Appointed To Head Veterans Services
- 4 Daughters Defend Mother Who Drove SUV In Fatal Train Crash In TV Interview
- 5 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents