NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Two men were charged with driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs after police stopped them at a checkpoint in New Rochelle after midnight Friday.
Lawrence Bennett, 63, of Ronbru Drive, New Rochelle, was charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance, a felony; and driving while appearing intoxicated under the combined influence of drugs or alcohol, with no prior offenses, a misdemeanor, after stopping at a checkpoint at North Avenue and the northbound Hutchinson River Parkway, New Rochelle police Sgt. Myron Joseph said.
Avigdor Kramer, 23, of 29 Fanshaw Place, Yonkers, was charged with operating a motor vehicle while impaired by drugs, his first offense, a misdemeanor, at the same checkpoint.
The holiday checkpoint, which netted eight arrests overall, was operated by Westchester County, New Rochelle, Eastchester, Mount Vernon and Scarsdale police officers, Joseph said.
- 1 Boil Water Advisory In Effect For New Rochelle
- 2 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 3 Daughter Of Eastchester Man Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 4 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says
- 5 4-Year-Old Yonkers Girl In Critical Condition After Accidental Shooting