NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Eight people sustained injuries in a three-alarm fire at a three-story apartment building at 470 Pelham Road in New Rochelle on Saturday, according to multiple reports and the Red Cross.
Thirty-six units and 75 people have been impacted by the blaze, according to the Red Cross, which opened a reception center and provided canteen support to first responders.
Cardiopulmonary resuscitation was performed on one male resident who was carried outside, according to LoHud.com.
A firefighter lost his footing on a third-story landing and suffered a broken arm, according to WABC.
The cause of the fire, which began late in the morning, is under investigation.
- 1 New Rochelle's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures
- 3 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So New Rochelle Must Prepare
- 4 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire