NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Eight people sustained injuries in a three-alarm fire at a three-story apartment building at 470 Pelham Road in New Rochelle on Saturday, according to multiple reports and the Red Cross.
Thirty-six units and 75 people have been impacted by the blaze, according to the Red Cross, which opened a reception center and provided canteen support to first responders.
Cardiopulmonary resuscitation was performed on one male resident who was carried outside, according to LoHud.com.
A firefighter lost his footing on a third-story landing and suffered a broken arm, according to WABC.
The cause of the fire, which began late in the morning, is under investigation.
- 1 IRS Warns New Rochelle Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 3 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 4 Two-Car Accident Results In Closure Of Route 127 In Mamaroneck
- 5 New Rochelle Hosts Thanksgiving Parade, Pancake Breakfast