NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Eight people sustained injuries in a three-alarm fire at a three-story apartment building at 470 Pelham Road in New Rochelle on Saturday, according to multiple reports and the Red Cross.
Thirty-six units and 75 people have been impacted by the blaze, according to the Red Cross, which opened a reception center and provided canteen support to first responders.
Cardiopulmonary resuscitation was performed on one male resident who was carried outside, according to LoHud.com.
A firefighter lost his footing on a third-story landing and suffered a broken arm, according to WABC.
The cause of the fire, which began late in the morning, is under investigation.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 New Rochelle Lights Up The Skies With 'Spark the Sound' Fireworks
- 3 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash
- 4 Man Found Naked Arraigned On Murder Charge, Says Westchester DA
- 5 George Pataki, Donald Trump Exchange Barbs Over Controversial Comments