NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – A New Rochelle man suffered a large gash on the top of his head Friday when a neighbor in a multifamily dwelling hit him many times with a baseball bat, police said.
The 30-year-old victim lives on the second floor of 39 Echo Ave. and the assailant lives on the third floor, where the attack started after the two had an argument, Capt. Joseph Schaller said.
A resident on the first floor called police after the victim came to his apartment following the attack, Schaller said. The victim was admitted to Jacobi Medical Center in the Bronx.
The assailant had a small laceration on his right hand, Schaller said. No charges had yet been filed.
- 1 Westchester High Schools Rank High Among New York's Best
- 2 Winter Storm Watch Issued For New Rochelle
- 3 New Rochelle Will See Dangerous Wind Chills As Low As 15 Below Zero
- 4 Video Appears To Show New Rochelle Police Drawing Guns Over Snowball Fight
- 5 Snow Could Affect Friday Morning Commute In New Rochelle