YONKERS, N.Y. -- A 12-year-old Yonkers boy has been charged with second-degree arson after a fire on Saratoga Avenue in Yonkers, according to Yonkers Police.
Police responded to the fire about 10:24 p.m. on Saturday at 191 Saratoga Ave. After an investigation, the boy was taken into custody, police said.
He is being held at Woodfield Cottage, the Westchester County juvenile detention center in Valhalla, according to police.
Police declined to release further information about the boy because of his age.
The three-alarm fire damaged two buildings and displaced dozens of residents, according to The Journal News.
- 1 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In New Rochelle; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward New Rochelle, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 New Rochelle Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester
- 4 Storm System Departs New Rochelle, Snow Could Return Thursday
- 5 FEMA Gives $4 Million To Repair New Rochelle's Glen Island Park