NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Yolanda (Chickie) Friscia, a longtime resident of New Rochelle, died Feb. 12. She was 96.
Friscia was born May 14, 1917, in Pelham, to Angelo and Faustina (Petti) Gianico. She worked at Bloomingdale’s for many years.
Friscia is survived by her children, Frank (Ginger) Friscia and Francine (Bob) Friscia; a granddaughter; two great grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Michael; brothers, Nicholas and Guido Gianico; and sister, Carmela (Millie) Giancio.
Calling hours are Monday, Feb. 17 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Lloyd Maxcy & Sons Beauchamp Chapel Inc., 16 Shea Place, New Rochelle. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 9:30 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 18 at Holy Name Church. Interment will follow at Beechwoods Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Friscia’s memory to Holy Name Church, 75 Lispenard Ave., New Rochelle, NY 10801.
- 1 Westchester School Closing, Early Dismissal Rundown
- 2 New Rochelle Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 3 Suspect In Theft Of Fur Coats From Greenwich Saks Nabbed In New Rochelle
- 4 Westchester's Highest Snowfall Totals Are Expected North Of I-287
- 5 Westchester Roadways Have Heavy Volume With Storm, Thanksgiving Approaching