NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Yolanda (Chickie) Friscia, a longtime resident of New Rochelle, died Feb. 12. She was 96.
Friscia was born May 14, 1917, in Pelham, to Angelo and Faustina (Petti) Gianico. She worked at Bloomingdale’s for many years.
Friscia is survived by her children, Frank (Ginger) Friscia and Francine (Bob) Friscia; a granddaughter; two great grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Michael; brothers, Nicholas and Guido Gianico; and sister, Carmela (Millie) Giancio.
Calling hours are Monday, Feb. 17 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Lloyd Maxcy & Sons Beauchamp Chapel Inc., 16 Shea Place, New Rochelle. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 9:30 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 18 at Holy Name Church. Interment will follow at Beechwoods Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Friscia’s memory to Holy Name Church, 75 Lispenard Ave., New Rochelle, NY 10801.
- 1 New Rochelle Lights Up The Skies With 'Spark the Sound' Fireworks
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Schools Superintendent's Stepson
- 4 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In New Rochelle
- 5 Three Hospitalized After Serious I-87 Crash Involving Tractor-Trailer, Car