NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Yolanda (Chickie) Friscia, a longtime resident of New Rochelle, died Feb. 12. She was 96.
Friscia was born May 14, 1917, in Pelham, to Angelo and Faustina (Petti) Gianico. She worked at Bloomingdale’s for many years.
Friscia is survived by her children, Frank (Ginger) Friscia and Francine (Bob) Friscia; a granddaughter; two great grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Michael; brothers, Nicholas and Guido Gianico; and sister, Carmela (Millie) Giancio.
Calling hours are Monday, Feb. 17 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Lloyd Maxcy & Sons Beauchamp Chapel Inc., 16 Shea Place, New Rochelle. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 9:30 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 18 at Holy Name Church. Interment will follow at Beechwoods Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Friscia’s memory to Holy Name Church, 75 Lispenard Ave., New Rochelle, NY 10801.
- 1 Sex Offenders Live Near New Rochelle Pre-K's, Report Says
- 2 New Rochelle Man Faces Attempted Murder Charges
- 3 New Rochelle Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In Latest Storm
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In New Rochelle
- 5 Port Chester Landscaper Pulls Down Record $571K Empire City Casino Jackpot