NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Yolanda (Chickie) Friscia, a longtime resident of New Rochelle, died Feb. 12. She was 96.
Friscia was born May 14, 1917, in Pelham, to Angelo and Faustina (Petti) Gianico. She worked at Bloomingdale’s for many years.
Friscia is survived by her children, Frank (Ginger) Friscia and Francine (Bob) Friscia; a granddaughter; two great grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Michael; brothers, Nicholas and Guido Gianico; and sister, Carmela (Millie) Giancio.
Calling hours are Monday, Feb. 17 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Lloyd Maxcy & Sons Beauchamp Chapel Inc., 16 Shea Place, New Rochelle. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 9:30 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 18 at Holy Name Church. Interment will follow at Beechwoods Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Friscia’s memory to Holy Name Church, 75 Lispenard Ave., New Rochelle, NY 10801.
- 1 Faulty Gas Line Closes New Rochelle High School Tuesday
- 2 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 3 Missing Larchmont Woman, 72, Is Found Safe In Manhattan
- 4 New York Archdiocese Likely To Merge More Parishes
- 5 John J. Imperioli, 78, Retired Captain, New Rochelle Fire Department