NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - William "Bill" DiVernieri, a longtime resident of New Rochelle, died July 23. He was 96.
DiVernieri was born Oct. 9, 1917, in Mount Vernon. He was a salesman with Liebmans in New Rochelle for over 40 years until his retirement.
DiVernieri is survived by his nephews, Raymond, Steven and Paul Ciotti, Joseph Fazzino; and nieces, Sally Mohl, Joann Gallello, Emanuella Creaturo, and Virginia Pelliccio; and many other nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his wife, Virginia Ciotti; brother, Alexander DiVernieri; and sister, Enis Fazzino.
Calling hours are Friday, July 25 from 5 to 8 p.m. at Pelham Funeral Home. A Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday, July 26 at St. Joseph's Church.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to St. Joseph's Church.
- 1 New Rochelle's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures
- 3 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So New Rochelle Must Prepare
- 4 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire