NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Vincenzo Vicchio, a longtime resident of New Rochelle, died Jan. 13. He was 90.
Vicchio was born Aug. 6, 1923, in Acquaformosa, Cosenza, Italy, to Leonardo and Giulia (Capparelli) Vicchio. He worked as a groundskeeper for Iona College for over 20 years.
Vicchio is survived by his wife, Giovannina; children, Leo (Carolina) Vicchio, Rosaria Proia and Dr. Domenick (Kathy) Vicchio; six grandchildren; and three great grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents.
Calling hours are Thursday, Jan. 16 from 3 to 9 p.m. at Lloyd Maxcy & Sons Beauchamp Chapel, 16 Shea Place, New Rochelle. A Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday, Jan. 17 at St. Joseph’s Church. Entombment will follow at Ferncliff Cemetery.
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 Snow Likely In New Rochelle On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 3 New Rochelle Thanksgiving Parade’s New Grand Marshal Tops News Last Week
- 4 New Rochelle Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 5 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In New Rochelle