NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Vincenzo Vicchio, a longtime resident of New Rochelle, died Jan. 13. He was 90.
Vicchio was born Aug. 6, 1923, in Acquaformosa, Cosenza, Italy, to Leonardo and Giulia (Capparelli) Vicchio. He worked as a groundskeeper for Iona College for over 20 years.
Vicchio is survived by his wife, Giovannina; children, Leo (Carolina) Vicchio, Rosaria Proia and Dr. Domenick (Kathy) Vicchio; six grandchildren; and three great grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents.
Calling hours are Thursday, Jan. 16 from 3 to 9 p.m. at Lloyd Maxcy & Sons Beauchamp Chapel, 16 Shea Place, New Rochelle. A Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday, Jan. 17 at St. Joseph’s Church. Entombment will follow at Ferncliff Cemetery.
- 1 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In New Rochelle; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 2 Man, 37, In Critical Condition After Hit-And-Run In New Rochelle
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward New Rochelle, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 New Rochelle Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester