NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Vincenzo Vicchio, a longtime resident of New Rochelle, died Jan. 13. He was 90.
Vicchio was born Aug. 6, 1923, in Acquaformosa, Cosenza, Italy, to Leonardo and Giulia (Capparelli) Vicchio. He worked as a groundskeeper for Iona College for over 20 years.
Vicchio is survived by his wife, Giovannina; children, Leo (Carolina) Vicchio, Rosaria Proia and Dr. Domenick (Kathy) Vicchio; six grandchildren; and three great grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents.
Calling hours are Thursday, Jan. 16 from 3 to 9 p.m. at Lloyd Maxcy & Sons Beauchamp Chapel, 16 Shea Place, New Rochelle. A Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday, Jan. 17 at St. Joseph’s Church. Entombment will follow at Ferncliff Cemetery.
- 1 State Police Warn New Rochelle Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 3 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation
- 4 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield
- 5 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison