NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Vincenza "Chincy" Cobuzzi, a lifelong resident of New Rochelle, died Dec. 11. She was 93.
Cobuzzi was born Dec. 26, 1918, in New Rochelle to Vincenzo and Maria Ferrara Trotta. She worked as a seamstress for the Ursuline Sisters for many years. She was predeceased by her husband, John Cobuzzi, on Sept. 19, 2002.
She is survived by two daughters, Maria Cobuzzi and Susan (Nick) Giampietro; and two grandchildren.
Visitation is from 7 to 9 p.m. Wednesday and 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Thursday at Lloyd Maxcy and Sons Beauchamp Chapel in New Rochelle. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Friday at Blessed Sacrament Church in New Rochelle. Burial will follow at Beechwoods Cemetery in New Rochelle.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the Wartburg Nursing Home, 1 Wartburg Place, Mount Vernon, NY 10552, or the Alzheimer's Association.
- 1 Westchester School Districts Reporting High Opt-Out Rates
- 2 New Rochelle City Council Expected To Approve Demolition Of Rowing Club
- 3 Opt-Out Debate Rages As State Testing Begins In Westchester
- 4 One Suspect Arrested, Two On The Loose In New Rochelle Robbery
- 5 Schools In Westchester Reporting High Test Opt-Out Rates