NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Vincenza "Chincy" Cobuzzi, a lifelong resident of New Rochelle, died Dec. 11. She was 93.
Cobuzzi was born Dec. 26, 1918, in New Rochelle to Vincenzo and Maria Ferrara Trotta. She worked as a seamstress for the Ursuline Sisters for many years. She was predeceased by her husband, John Cobuzzi, on Sept. 19, 2002.
She is survived by two daughters, Maria Cobuzzi and Susan (Nick) Giampietro; and two grandchildren.
Visitation is from 7 to 9 p.m. Wednesday and 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Thursday at Lloyd Maxcy and Sons Beauchamp Chapel in New Rochelle. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Friday at Blessed Sacrament Church in New Rochelle. Burial will follow at Beechwoods Cemetery in New Rochelle.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the Wartburg Nursing Home, 1 Wartburg Place, Mount Vernon, NY 10552, or the Alzheimer's Association.
- 1 Snow Likely In New Rochelle On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 2 New Rochelle Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 3 New Rochelle Thanksgiving Parade’s New Grand Marshal Tops News Last Week
- 4 Westchester School Closing, Early Dismissal Rundown
- 5 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In New Rochelle