NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Susan P. Marcus, a former New Rochelle teacher, died Feb. 12 after a long illness. She was 70.
Marcus taught at Webster Elementary School and Ward Elementary School in New Rochelle for nearly 30 years.
Born Dec. 26, 1942, she previously lived in Newton, Mass., and New Rochelle before moving to Rye Brook.
Marcus received a bachelor of science degree from the University of Vermont and a master’s degree in education from the College of New Rochelle.
She was married to Barry Marcus, a former City Court judge of New Rochelle. She enjoyed the outdoors and was an avid tennis player, skier and bicycle rider. She also enjoyed reading.
Marcus is survived by her husband of 49 years; a daughter, Jillian; a son-in-law, Lawrence Neubauer; a son, Matthew Marcus; a daughter-in-law, Aimee Marcus; and five grandchildren.
Services were held Thursday at Riverside Memorial Chapel in Mount Vernon.
Memorial donations may be made to the Association for Frontotemporal Degeneration, Radnor Station, Building 2, Suite 320, 290 King of Prussia Road, Radnor, PA 19087.
- 1 Faulty Gas Line Closes New Rochelle High School Tuesday
- 2 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 3 Missing Larchmont Woman, 72, Is Found Safe In Manhattan
- 4 New York Archdiocese Likely To Merge More Parishes
- 5 John J. Imperioli, 78, Retired Captain, New Rochelle Fire Department