NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Sadie Amoroso, a longtime resident of New Rochelle, died Jan. 15. She was 86.
Amoroso was born Oct. 2, 1927, in New Rochelle, to Vito and Mamie (Belfatto) Possidento. She worked in sales at Libretts Hardware for many years.
Amoroso is survived by her children, Patricia Samela, Susan (Thomas) Hamill, Matthew (Cindy) Amoroso, Christine (Tony) Siller-Venettozzi; 13 grandchildren; a great grandchild; sister, Josephine DeRaffele; and brother, Bill Possidento. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Anthony; sisters, Mildred Amorello and Rosemarie Carpino; and brother, Salvatore Possidento.
Calling hours are Friday, Jan. 17 from 4 to 8 p.m. at Lloyd Maxcy & Sons Beauchamp Chapel Inc., 16 Shea Place, New Rochelle. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 18 at Holy Name Church. Interment will follow Holy Sepulchre Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital.
- 1 New Rochelle's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures
- 3 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester
- 4 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So New Rochelle Must Prepare
- 5 New Rochelle Approves Downtown Parking Overhaul