NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Sadie Amoroso, a longtime resident of New Rochelle, died Jan. 15. She was 86.
Amoroso was born Oct. 2, 1927, in New Rochelle, to Vito and Mamie (Belfatto) Possidento. She worked in sales at Libretts Hardware for many years.
Amoroso is survived by her children, Patricia Samela, Susan (Thomas) Hamill, Matthew (Cindy) Amoroso, Christine (Tony) Siller-Venettozzi; 13 grandchildren; a great grandchild; sister, Josephine DeRaffele; and brother, Bill Possidento. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Anthony; sisters, Mildred Amorello and Rosemarie Carpino; and brother, Salvatore Possidento.
Calling hours are Friday, Jan. 17 from 4 to 8 p.m. at Lloyd Maxcy & Sons Beauchamp Chapel Inc., 16 Shea Place, New Rochelle. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 18 at Holy Name Church. Interment will follow Holy Sepulchre Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital.
- 1 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In New Rochelle; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 2 New Rochelle Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester
- 3 Storm System Departs New Rochelle, Snow Could Return Thursday
- 4 New Rochelle Man, 24, Charged In Weekend Hit-And-Run
- 5 FEMA Gives $4 Million To Repair New Rochelle's Glen Island Park