NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Sadie Amoroso, a longtime resident of New Rochelle, died Jan. 15. She was 86.
Amoroso was born Oct. 2, 1927, in New Rochelle, to Vito and Mamie (Belfatto) Possidento. She worked in sales at Libretts Hardware for many years.
Amoroso is survived by her children, Patricia Samela, Susan (Thomas) Hamill, Matthew (Cindy) Amoroso, Christine (Tony) Siller-Venettozzi; 13 grandchildren; a great grandchild; sister, Josephine DeRaffele; and brother, Bill Possidento. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Anthony; sisters, Mildred Amorello and Rosemarie Carpino; and brother, Salvatore Possidento.
Calling hours are Friday, Jan. 17 from 4 to 8 p.m. at Lloyd Maxcy & Sons Beauchamp Chapel Inc., 16 Shea Place, New Rochelle. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 18 at Holy Name Church. Interment will follow Holy Sepulchre Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Missing Larchmont Woman, 72, Is Found Safe In Manhattan
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Rochelle
- 4 'Black Lives Matter' Group Organizes March On New Rochelle City Hall
- 5 Sony Pulls Movie; New Rochelle Will Have To Wait On 'Interview'